Friday, March 13, 2009

Underbelly

I’ve been watching this show, only I tape it cause it’s on the same time as Lost, so it would always come second, but I think it’s very good so far.

Matthew Newton’s New Zealand accent is a little clunky I agree, but he mostly gets it right. He seems to at times be making an odd sort of extra effort to sound New Zealandish.

Gossip monger Rachel Glucina mentions its’ controversial nudity has been criticized in Australia following screenings there. I might’ve thought all the people being shot in the head would be more concerning than Anna Hutchison’s hooters (which you do see a lot of I will say, certainly in this week’s episode) but that’s one of the great oddities of TV programming criticism.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it cause we watch Lost and Prison Break but it did look interesting. Hopefully they will repeat it at some point cause I can never get the clips on the TV sites to play the shows - one must need uber-speed broadband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right Madeleine, the TV3 vid on demand is rubbish download speed even on DSL or Who's Your Daddy broadband speed. It's bound to be repeated, I'd recommend a view when they do.

    ReplyDelete